A Sustainability Report supports an organisation’s analysis, measurement, disclosure and communication of key sustainability performance indicators. It can help companies identify material sustainability issues, enhance productivity and enhance relationships with shareholders and other key stakeholders. As such, Singapore Compact for CSR, supported by ACCA Singapore, Singapore Environment Institute and KPMG, is organising this 2-day ‘Sustainability Reporting Workshop – A Practical Approach’ to equip organisations with the knowledge to start or enhance their own sustainability reporting projects.
Day 1 of the workshop encompasses an introduction to sustainability reporting, targeted at newcomers. Day 2 provides a more in-depth guidance and a hands-on approach to reporting. It is targeted at participants who have already attended the introductory workshop, whether previously or on the 29th October 2012, and who have a foundational understanding of the issues and preliminary approach to reporting.
This programme provides flexibility for participants to attend either Day 1 or Day 2 only, or to sign up for both days as a package.
The Sustainability Reporting Workshop is based on the Global Reporting Initiative Reporting Guidelines Version 3.1 (GRI G3.1)The workshop aims to address the following issues:
- What is Sustainability Reporting and why do companies report? Local, regional and global perspectives
- How does it benefit my business and enhance investor and stakeholder relations?
- How does reporting relate to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and ISO 26000?
- What are the reporting guidelines?
- Implementation of the guidelines using case studies
- Information on the latest GRI 3.1 Guidelines
- Information on upcoming G4 Guidelines
- Step-by-step Guide - how to go about producing a report?
- Assessing materiality – how do I identify key issues for my organisation? What do I determine what to report?
- The Future of Reporting – Integrated Reporting
- Stakeholder engagement – external expectations and potential approaches
- Data management – how and where do I collect the data required cost effectively
- Companies looking to produce, or improve upon, a Sustainability Report (including environmental, social and CSR disclosure)
- Companies seeking to enhance their corporate communications and investor relations programmes
- Listed companies that need to understand the details and implications of the Policy Statement on Sustainability Reporting and Guide to Sustainability Reporting for Listed Companies by SGX
- Practitioners who are interested in sustainability and CSR
For more in-depth information on programme and trainers, please click here.
Location : Seminar Room 1, Level 22, Keppel Towers, 10 Hoe Chiang Road, Singapore 089315
Contact : Ester at Tel: 6827 6825 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.